Engineering Design Assistance
Jonal takes a team approach to solve your design requirements. Our team of engineers, chemists, and manufacturing specialists will work to find cost-effective solutions. Getting Jonal involved in the early stages of design will ensure positive results.
Jonal molds complex shapes that incorporate a variety of fabric reinforcements and metallic inserts. Products include:
- Diaphragms for pressure regulating and fuel control
- Accumulators for hydraulic systems
- Aerodynamic and Environmental Seals
Special properties include flame retardance, wear resistance, electrical conductivity and high strength under centrifugal loads.
Jonal can bond a variety of elastomers to metallic and non-metallic substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, plastics, and composites.
We assist in the design and coordinate the manufacturing of all tooling necessary for your application. Most importantly, we can provide samples and prototypes with a fast turnaround and competitive cost.
Since 1965, Jonal has been working with customers to develop new and unique aeronautical and aerospace products.
- Developed custom polyurethane foam parts that control airflow in the compressor stages of large turbofan engines. Jonal is the sole-source provider for the Pratt and Whitney 4000 and JT-9D series engines.
- Assisted in the design and development of the elastomeric gearshift boot for the Abrams A-1 tank.
- Poppet valve seals employed in spacesuits for Hamilton Sundstrand.
- Supply various sophisticated molded components for Raytheon, Honeywell, Goodrich, Hughes and other defense contractors for demanding applications such as the AMRAAM, Sidewinder, Sparrow, Hawk, and Patriot missiles. Jonal supplies specialty O-rings to Parker Hannifin.
- Developed an oil tube and electrical conduit tube installation and mounting system for the Pratt TF33 engine.
- Instrumental in the design and development of critical components for the Common Missile Warning System program (CMWS), involving precision molding and EMI shielding for BAE Systems. Jonal received a letter of commendation for outstanding performance on this program.
- Developed extreme high temperature resistant silicones, non-reinforced per PWA-36453 and reinforced with fiberglass per AMS-3352 specifications.
- Assisted in the design and development of high-strength, high-temperature, reinforced and nonnreinforced silicone with fiberglass or nomex for the Hamilton Sundstrand flexible connector boot application.
- Fabricated a complex fluorocarbon elastomer bladder for the NASA space suit.